Summer's here! Which means that it's ICE CREAM SEASON! I love love love ice cream. Chocolate chip cookie dough will always be my favorite, but there was a long period of time in college when all I wanted was graham ice cream. I had never had it before college, and I cannot seem to find it anywhere in stores. Now that I'm done with college and won't get to eat it whenever I want in the dinning hall, I had to recreate this addicting flavor with a no churn recipe packed with brownie pieces and a luscious chocolate swirl. The best thing about making ice cream at home is that you can make it however you want. You don't have to add the brownies or fudge swirl, or you could add other extras, like chocolate chunks, or simply leave it as plain graham ice cream. You really can't go wrong when the base is heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk!
Ingredients you'll need to make this no churn graham ice cream:
- Heavy Cream: About one pint of heavy cream whipped up into beautiful peaks is going to make this ice cream light and creamy.
- Vanilla Extract: Optional, but adds great flavor when whipping the heavy cream.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: The graham crackers will soak in this before being strained and added to the heavy cream.
- Graham Crackers: You'll need one sleeve (10-12 crackers).
- Cream Cheese: Adding a little bit of cream cheese makes the ice cream super creamy and closer to the texture of churned ice cream. Without it, I find no churn ice cream more like mousse in texture.
How to make this no churn ice cream in 6 steps:
- Crush the graham crackers up and soak them in the sweetened condensed milk for 20 minutes.
- Press the mixture through a sieve into a bowl to remove the graham cracker pieces.
- Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese together. Fold the mixture into the whip cream carefully.
- In three layers, pour ⅓ of the mixture into a 9x5 pan, sprinkle with brownies and swirl with fudge sauce. Repeat two more times or until the ice cream mixture is used up.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours.
A couple tips to make this no churn ice cream:
- To add brownie pieces to this ice cream, follow this small batch recipe!
- I know it's hard to wait so long before grabbing a scoopful, but trust me, it is worth the wait. I like to make it at night, so it can freeze overnight and you can enjoy it the next day!
Happy baking! xPrint
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (10-12 crackers)
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 pint heavy cream (474g)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- extra mix-ins, like brownie pieces and fudge sauce
- In medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and crushed graham crackers and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, press the mixture through a sieve and into a bowl to remove the excess graham cracker pieces.
- In a bowl of a stand up mixer fited with a whisk attachment, or with a hand-held electric beater, whip the heavy cream and vanilla to stiff peaks.
- Combine the sweetened condesed milk mixture and cream cheese, and then fold it all into the whip cream, careful of deflating it.
- Pour ⅓ of the mixture into a 9x5 loaf pan, add some brownies and swirl in fudge sauce, then repeat two more time with the remaining ice cream mixture.
- Cover tightly and freeze for at least 6 hours.