This stone fruit galette is made with a mix of peaches, apricots, and plums! I arranged them carefully over a cardamom rye crust, which was leftover from this mixed berry pie. You can choose any of your favorite stone fruits to make it your own! If you don't have leftover pie crust laying around, you make this galette dough. I LOVE galettes for their simplicity and elegance. They are the perfect easy summer dessert, especially when served with vanilla ice cream!
Ingredients you'll need to make this stone fruit galette:
- Pie Dough: Use leftover pie dough, store-bought pie dough, or make this galette dough!
- Stone Fruit: I used a mix of peaches, apricots, and plums, but you can use whatever you like! Just be sure to weigh out your fruit to 2 lbs after slicing them.
- Granulated Sugar: My galette came out pretty sweet, so if you would like yours less sweet, decrease the sugar to about 50g.
- Instant Tapioca: This is the best thickener you can use for galettes or pies! You can use cornstarch, but it will not be as effective.
- Egg Wash: One egg plus one tablespoon of water mixed together will brown the crust to a beautiful golden color.
- Raw Sugar: Optional, but a really nice touch on the edges of the crust.
How to make this galette in 5 easy steps:
- Mix together the sliced fruit, sugar, and instant tapioca.
- Roll out the pie dough and arrange fruit over it.
- Fold the edges over the fruit and brush with an egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake the galette for 50 minutes.
- Top with ice cream and enjoy!
Other galette and pie recipes you'll love:
A few tips to make this stone fruit galette:
- Weigh out your fruit after you have cut them up.
- You'll want to bake the galette longer than you would think. Don't be afraid to take it a little too far and get some black spots on the crust. It is much better to have a few burnt spots on the top than to have a soggy crust.
- Don't skip out on the vanilla ice cream! The hot-cold combination makes it the perfect summer dessert!
Happy baking! xPrint
This galette shines for its simplicity and elegance. It is the perfect easy summer dessert, especially when served with vanilla ice cream!
- pie dough
- 2 lbs stone fruit (peaches, apricots, plums)
- 66g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp instant tapioca
- egg wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoon water)
- raw sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the sliced stone fruit, sugar, and instant tapioca. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie dough in a rough circle to about ⅛'' in thickness. Arrange the stone fruit on the pie dough, leaving a two inch border around the edge.
- Fold the edges over the fruit. Transfer the galette to the prepared baking sheet. Brush the edges of the dough with the egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Turn the oven down to 375 degrees F and bake the galette for 45-50 minutes or until the edges are a deep golden brown. Allow galette to cool for 10-15 minutes before topping with ice cream and serving.