This galette shines for its simplicity and elegance. It is the perfect easy summer dessert, especially when served with vanilla ice cream!
- pie dough
- 2 lbs stone fruit (peaches, apricots, plums)
- 66g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp instant tapioca
- egg wash (1 egg + 1 tbsp water)
- raw sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the sliced stone fruit, sugar, and instant tapioca. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie dough in a rough circle to about 1/8'' in thickness. Arrange the stone fruit on the pie dough, leaving a two inch border around the edge.
- Fold the edges over the fruit. Transfer the galette to the prepared baking sheet. Brush the edges of the dough with the egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Turn the oven down to 375 degrees F and bake the galette for 45-50 minutes or until the edges are a deep golden brown. Allow galette to cool for 10-15 minutes before topping with ice cream and serving.