These small batch buttermilk blueberry muffins are so quick and easy! This recipe requires only 10 ingredients and makes 6 perfect bakery-style muffins.
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 56g unsalted butter (room temp)
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract or vanilla extract
- 60g buttermilk
- 70g blueberries
- raw sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a muffin pan with parchment liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Scrape the bowl down, then add the egg and mix until fully combined.
- Pour in the almond extract and buttermilk and mix until combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until mostly combined, then add the blueberries and gently mix until evenly distributed.
- Divide the batter up between 6 muffin cups, filling all the way up to the top. Sprinkle each muffin with raw sugar.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes, then turn the oven down to 375 degrees F and bake for another 15 minutes. Do not open the door when you turn down the temperature.
- Allow muffins to cool for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 19.1 g
- Sodium: 175 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.5 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 52.2 mg
Keywords: small batch muffins, blueberry muffins, buttermilk blueberry muffins, dome top muffins