These peanut butter oat dog treats are perfect for when you have an itch to bake but don't necessarily want extra desserts laying around your kitchen. Plus, your dog deserves a little something special for going on all of those walks with you to keep you entertained during quarantine. To make these dog treats, all you need are three simple ingredients: peanut butter, oat flour, and coconut oil. They're so simple and so good. I won't judge if you steal a taste, because, well, they are mostly peanut butter.
After I went off to college, my parents decided an empty nest was not for them, so they adopted two kittens, Winnie and Tigger. And then a few months later they got a border collie puppy, Christopher Robin. At first, I thought the name Christopher Robin was a little strange for a dog, but I guess they couldn't back out of the Winnie the Pooh theme.
Now that my sisters and I are all home again for the time being, our house is a little crowded, to say the least. I'm sure all of our pets love the extra attention that they have been given recently. And they have also provided plenty of entertainment for us while we have been bored during quarantine!
Photographing these peanut butter oat dog treats was definitely one of those entertaining moments. Chris is a very well trained dog, but it took a little bit of effort from everyone in the family to position him correctly and restrain him from eating all of the treats at once. Long story short, it didn't work. These treats were gone in 5 seconds.
But not before he got to the peanut butter spoon...
Luckily, I got a few good (and very cute!) pictures before he demolished them.
A couple tips to make these peanut butter oat dog treats:
- If you do not have oat flour, you can grind up a half cup of rolled oats in a blender.
- Freeze the peanut butter oat mixture for at least 20 minutes before cutting out into dog bones.
I hope your pup loves these treats as much as ours did!Print
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oat Dog Treats
- Yield: 18 treats 1x
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 tsp coconut oil (melted)
- Combine the peanut butter, oat flour, and coconut oil together.
- Wrap the mixture in plastic wrap and flatten out to about ¼'' in thickness. Place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes to set.
- With a small bone-shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many treats as you can. Form the remaining amount into another flat disk and freeze again if necessary before cutting the rest out.
* treats are best stored in the fridge or freezer.
Are these not then meant to be baked.
I will try these this weekend, Bella is a picky girl but Tanner has no shame loves all of it like most of the border collies we know....