These one bowl small batch fudge brownies are perfect for when you need a quick chocolate fix but don't want the temptation of a full batch. They come together quickly, but you won't have a full tray of brownies staring at you for the next week.
30 minutes. One bowl. Eight ingredients. That's all that's keeping you from having the most fudgy and chocolatey brownies! They're perfect on their own, paired with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or even mixed in this graham ice cream!
Ingredients you'll need to make these fudge brownies:
- Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate: Use your favorite baking chocolate to add that fudgy texture and extra chocolate flavor!
- Unsalted Butter: Don't worry about bringing your butter to room temp; it'll be melted in with the chocolate and brown sugar.
- Light Brown Sugar: You can use dark brown or even muscovado sugar, but use what you have on hand!
- Egg: Bring your egg to room temp quickly by placing it in a bowl of warm water.
- Vanilla Extract: A quality vanilla extract is essential to making the best brownies!
- All-Purpose Flour: You'll need about half a cup, but as usual, I recommend going by weight!
- Cocoa Powder: You only need a touch of cocoa powder, but don't worry the melted chocolate will make these ultra chocolatey.
- Salt: Add a little in the batter to enhance the flavors, and finish the baked brownies with sea salt!
A couple tips to make these fudge brownies:
- Do not over-mix! Nothing is worse than a tough, hard to chew brownie.
- I would recommend under-baking the brownies slightly, since they will continue to cook a little when you take them out of the oven, and you still want that fudgy center. I took them out after 18 minutes, and they were perfect!
Happy baking! xPrint
30 minutes. One bowl. Eight ingredients. That's all that's keeping you from having the most fudgy and chocolatey brownies!
- 2 oz semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- 56g unsalted butter
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 egg (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g all-purpose flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper to create a sling.
- In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate, butter, and brown sugar in 20 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Next, beat the egg and add to the mixture, mixing until fully combined. Add the vanilla and mix again.
- Fold in the cocoa powder and salt until mostly combined. Then, fold in the flour until just combined. Do not over-mix!
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. I would err on the side of slightly underbaked, as it will continue to cook as it cools.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.