- 360g heavy cream (cold)
- 340g mascarpone (cold)
- 150g granulated sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine the heavy cream, mascarpone, and sugar.
- Whisk on low speed until combined, then turn up to medium high speed until thick (only about 30 seconds).
- Use immediately or store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Be sure to keep an eye on the frosting as it mixes; it will thicken up very quickly, and you do not want to over-whip it! Over-whipping will make it grainy and ruin the silky smooth texture.
- This recipe can easily be halved or doubled.
- I originally made this frosting for this cake - White Cake with Strawberries.
- This frosting would also be perfect for topping on fresh fruit or even pie!
Keywords: mascarpone frosting