These gluten free chocolate chip cookies are just as soft, gooey, and chocolatey as any other chocolate chip cookie, you wouldn't even know they're gluten free!
- 180g 1:1 gluten free flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 140g light brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 113g unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 115g chocolate, roughly chopped (+ more for topping)
- flaky sea salt
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat the sugars and butter on medium-high speed until light and paler in color, about 2-3 minutes. You may need to scrape down the bowl after a minute and keep beating to ensure everything is evenly incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla and egg and beat until fully combined.
- Then, add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate.
- With a small cookie scoop, place balls of cookie dough on one baking sheet, top each with more chopped chocolate, and freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- While the dough is in the freezer, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the cookie dough 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes.
- I do not recommend skipping the chill time. Freezing the cookie dough ensures that they do not spread too much in the oven.
- Always lean toward slightly under-baking your cookies, as they will bake slightly more while they cool on the baking sheet.
- To get perfectly round cookies, use a large round cookie or biscuit cutter to round out each cookie immediately after they come out of the oven.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 10.5 g
- Sodium: 144.8 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 17.9 mg
Keywords: gluten free chocolate chip cookies