These fudgy mocha brownie cookies are rich, decadent, and perfect for when you can't decide between a brownie and a cookie!
- 250g (9 oz) semi-sweet chocolate
- 50g (3 ½ tbsp) unsalted butter
- 15g (2 tbsp) dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 ½ tbsp hot water
- 106g (½ cup) brown sugar
- 66g (⅓ cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 75g (scant ⅔ cup) all-purpose flour
- 10g (1 tbsp + 1 tsp) espresso powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a heat proof bowl add the chocolate and butter, and place over a small saucepan with simmering water. Stir the butter and chocolate every minute or so until it is completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cocoa powder and hot water. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and eggs on high speed for 2-3 minutes until light and pale in color.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate-butter mixture and bloomed cocoa powder mixture until fully combined.
- Then, add in the flour, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Allow the cookie dough to rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes to thicken up.
- Using a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets about two inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes until they are crackly, shiny, and appear set. Allow to cool completely on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and enjoy!
- Use a cookie scoop. Use a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop to portion the cookie dough into equally sized cookies!
- Scoot the cookies. Immediately after the cookies come out of the oven, use a large round cookie cutter or glass to scoot the edges and form a perfectly round cookie.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 15.4 g
- Sodium: 116.4 mg
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
Keywords: brownie cookies, no chill cookie recipe, crinkle brownie cookies, salted brownie cookies