These espresso chocolate chip cookies have perfectly soft & chewy centers, crisp edges, and a prominent coffee flavor!
- 90g (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 90g (3/4 cup) bread flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 140g (2/3 cup) brown sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 50g (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 113g (1/2 cup; 1 stick) unsalted butter (room temp)
- 15g (2 1/2 tbsp) espresso powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks (room temp)
- 115g (4 oz) dark or semisweet chocolate (roughly chopped)
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat the sugars, butter, and espresso powder on medium-high speed until light and paler in color, about 2-3 minutes. You may need to scrape down the bowl after a minute and keep beating to ensure everything is evenly incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla and egg yolks and beat until fully combined.
- Then, add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least one hour.*
- When you're ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With a 2 tbsp cookie scoop, place the balls of cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet and top with more chocolate if desired.
- Bake the cookies for about 13-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet, then top with flaky sea salt and enjoy!
- If you do not have bread flour on hand, you can use an equal amount of all-purpose flour instead.
- If you're in a rush, you can skip the chill time, but I highly recommend it so the flavors fully develop.
- Always lean toward slightly under-baking your cookies, as they will bake slightly more while they cool on the baking sheet.
- To get perfectly round cookies, use a large round cookie or biscuit cutter to round out each cookie immediately after they come out of the oven.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 246
- Sugar: 21.1 g
- Sodium: 156.1 mg
- Fat: 11.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.3 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 66.4 mg
Keywords: espresso chocolate chip cookies, coffee chocolate chip cookies, espresso cookies, coffee cookies, coffee bean cookies, coffee flavored cookies