These bakery style blackberry oatmeal muffins are warm, comforting, and studded with fresh, juicy blackberries.
- 180g (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 90g (1 cup) quick cooking oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 113g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter (room temp)
- 100g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 106g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 113g (1/2 cup) buttermilk (room temp)
- 140g (1 cup) fresh blackberries (cut in half or thirds)
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- Oats for sprinkling
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, quick cooking oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugars for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Scrape the bowl down, then add the eggs & vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- Pour in the buttermilk and mix until combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until mostly combined, then add the blackberries and gently mix until evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl and allow to rest at room temperature.*
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a muffin pan with parchment liners.*
- Divide the batter up between 10 muffin cavities, filling all the way up to the top. Sprinkle each muffin with turbinado sugar and rolled oats.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes, then turn the oven down to 375 degrees F and bake for another 15 minutes. Do not open the door when you turn down the temperature.
- Allow muffins to cool for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Resting the batter allows the leaveners to activate and ensures the muffins bake up tall. If you're in a rush, you can skip this and bake them right away.
- You can make your own parchment liners by cutting two squares of parchment paper per muffin. Press the two squares into a muffin cavity, then place a cup inside to hold it in place for a minute or two. Fill with the muffin batter and bake!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 22.3 g
- Sodium: 219.6 mg
- Fat: 10.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 62.7 mg
Keywords: blackberry oatmeal muffins, bakery style muffins