These birthday cake sugar cookies are soft, sweet, and loaded with rainbow sprinkles - everything you could ever want from an easy birthday themed treat!
- 280g (2 1/3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 170g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temp
- 150g (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 106g (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 48g (1/4 cup) rainbow jimmies sprinkles
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until light & fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated.
- Scrape down the bowl, then add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix!
- Gently fold in the sprinkles.
- Using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop, portion the cookie dough and place on one baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the frozen cookie dough on one prepared baking sheet placed about two inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet, and enjoy!
- Use a cookie scoop. Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to portion the cookie dough into equally sized cookies!
- Freeze the portioned cookie dough. To ensure the cookies bake up to the right thickness, don't skip the freeze time!
- Scoot the cookies. Immediately after the cookies come out of the oven, use a large round cookie cutter or glass to scoot the edges and form a perfectly round cookie.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 17.2 g
- Sodium: 131.6 mg
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.1 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 42.9 mg
Keywords: birthday cake cookies, funfetti cookies, birthday cake batter cookies, confetti sugar cookies