These banana tahini chocolate chip muffins are the perfect healthy treat that you need in your life! Made with oat flour and chickpea flour, and sweetened just with honey, these muffins are gluten free and refined sugar free.
- 3/4 cup (70g) oat flour
- 3/4 cup (64g) chickpea flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 (415g) very ripe medium bananas
- 1/4 cup (64g) tahini
- 1/4 cup (84g) honey
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (127g) mini semisweet chocolate chips (+ more for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with parchment baking cups.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oat flour, chickpea flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash up the bananas with a fork. Then, add the tahini, honey, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk the mixture until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and wisk until fully combined.
- Next, fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup to about 3/4 full. Top each of the muffins with extra mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake the muffins for about 14-16 minutes, or until the tops spring back when you gently press them with a finger.
Keywords: muffins, banana, tahini, chocolate chips